Suggested Digital Learning Activities:
Read Aloud Books:
- Measure the area and perimeter of every room in your house. Draw a map to display the measurements in feet. As a challenge, convert the measurements to inches.
- Classify 20 everyday objects by shape, size, color, height, mass, and material. Record your findings in an original way.
- Measure the length of your bed using five different nonstandard units. Record your measurements.
- Design and build puppets that perform a show about multiplication. For a challenge, repeat the puppet show with a show about division.
- Sit silently for 15 minutes while you write down every sound you hear. When you are done, classify the sounds (high/low pitch, high/low volume, man-made/naturally occurring, etc.).
- Learn, practice, and tell four new math jokes.